Building Better Teams: Ensuring Team Effectiveness
Teams have become a principal building block of the strategy of successful organizations. Whether the focus is on service, quality, cost, value, speed, efficiency, performance, or other similar goals, teams are the central methodology of most organizations.
With teams at the core of business strategy, your success as an organization can often depend on how well you and other team members operate together. How are your problem-solving skills? Is the team enthusiastic and motivated to do its best? Do you work well together?
Do you know of any mixed agendas, poor communication episodes, or even personality conflicts in the past? Though extensive exercises, you will be able to practice your skills and overcome obstacles under expert instructors’ guidance.
In most teams, the energies of individual members work at cross purposes. Individuals may work extraordinarily hard, but their efforts do not translate into team effort, and these results may be in wasted energy. By contrast, when a team becomes more aligned, a commonality of direction emerges, and individual energies harmonize. You have a shared vision and an understanding of how to complement each other’s efforts. As jazz musicians say, “You are in the groove.”
Who Should Attend?
Those interested in sharpening interpersonal communications skills, particularly those wishing to use the power of teams to successfully catapult an organizations success.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Share proven ideas for developing your own team (fundamentals of a successful team).
- Understand the value of working as a team and learn to work together.
- Develop team norms, values, ground rules, goals, and team contracts.
- Identify your team player “style” and how it can be used effectively with your own team.
- Know what it takes to ensure a team’s success.
- Understand and work with others’ behavioral styles.
- Build team trust.
- Stages of team development
- Types of teams
- Building a climate of trust
- Degrees of support
- Use the sample Team Contract
- Tips for becoming a better team player
- Tips for becoming a better listener
- Conflict resolution
Tuition: $ 279 (special group rates available)