The High-Performance Enabler
Emotional intelligence, also called EQ, is the ability to be aware of and to manage your emotions and relationships. It’s a pivotal factor in personal and professional success. IQ may get you the job, but it’s your EQ, your ability to connect with others and manage your own emotions while recognizing emotions of others, that determines your success.
Emotional intelligence is comprised of four components involving how you recognize and understand emotions, how you manage your behavior and how you can foster relationships. These components are: 1) self-awareness, 2) self-management, 3) social awareness, and 4) relationship management. These components or skills are discussed throughout the course.
We have all worked with and listened to brilliant people. Some of them were great and others not so much. The mean and the meek and all those in between can teach us more than they realize. By examining truly extraordinary people who inspire and make a difference, you’ll see that they do this by connecting with people personally and emotionally. What differentiates them isn’t their IQ but EQ – their emotional intelligence.
Who Should Attend?
Those wanting to understand emotional intelligence while using it in the workplace and at home.
By the end of the course, you’ll learn how to define emotional intelligence, identify your individual competencies and apply them to optimize effectiveness in your professional and personal life.
- Understand the benefits of emotional intelligence
- Take a quiz to determine your self-awareness
- Recognize how your emotional health and physical health are related
- Learn techniques to understand, use and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Understand the different emotions and how to manage them
- Use quick stress-relief techniques
- Validate emotions in others
- Understand how to integrate EQ into teams for higher performance