The Least You Should Know about English
Have you experienced the embarrassment of having your grammar corrected; would you like to correct other people’s grammar; and finally, would you like to project confidence and present a more polished, professional image? Some of the most fundamental grammatical problems can baffle even the most intelligent people. Here’s an intensive two-day course focusing on grammar, punctuation and basic English composition.
This course demystifies grammar by outlining “must-know” rules no professional can do without. Other topics include: making your communications easily understood, avoiding sexism in your writing and speaking, limiting adjectives for more powerful communications and avoiding the glaring “singular or plural” errors most people make.
The theme of the course is how to make both your verbal and written communications easily understood. Be a take charge communicator. Lose your anxiety over writing and grammar! And best of all you will take home a valuable, college text desk reference.
Who Should Attend?
Those who want to “brush up” on English grammar to become better writers and speakers.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify and avoid common mistakes in grammar and usage.
- Increase the impact, clarity and overall effectiveness of your verbal communications and written products by following the basic guidelines of grammar and word usage.
- Use standard English in written and oral communications
- Use the correct form of verbs and “tricky” pronouns
- Avoid duplication in your writing and write succinctly
- Use punctuation correctly
- Polish your writing by avoiding offensive mistakes
Tuition: $ 399 (special group rates available)
Note: This is a performance-based workshop. Size is limited due to extensive one-to-one attention to students by the instructor.