Mentoring – Your Experience Counts: A Course for Mentors
Over eighty-five percent of Fortune 500 companies provide mentoring opportunities for their employees. Why? Because mentoring has been proven to improve recruitment, training, succession and retention. Not only do the organizations and mentees benefit from mentoring; mentors often experience great satisfaction and fulfillment from guiding and inspiring mentees. Mentors also are able to leave behind their legacy—provide their mentees valuable insights and knowledge gained through years of experience. This introductory course provides potential mentors an overview of mentoring as well as methods for developing successful mentoring relationships.
Reap the rewards of mentoring a protégé. In the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson, “It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.”
Who Should Attend?
Seasoned professionals who want to become first-class mentors for the benefit of their organizations, less experienced employees, and themselves.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Know what it takes to become a skilled mentor.
- Be able to match your experience to a mentee.
- Know how to develop and maintain a successful relationship.
- The history and benefits of mentoring
- The myths and facts of mentoring
- Mentoring opportunities within your organization
- 10 tips for becoming a successful mentor
- Rapport building
- Guidelines for structuring the match
- Setting stretch goals and other match activities/discussions
- Helping mentees to problem-solve
- Positive match closure