Conflict Resolution in the Workplace
Many people see conflict as a negative experience, but conflict is a vital and necessary part of our personal growth and development, as well as the well-being and productivity of organizations. In fact, without conflict, there might not be growth. However, conflict becomes an issue if the people involved can’t work through it as they can become engaged in a battle that results in negativity instead of growth. When this type of conflict arises, it damages relationships, and the result is that the organization’s mission is not completed.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone from top-level supervisors and managers to front-line personnel who want to learn how to manage conflict, resolve it, and become even more skilled leaders.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognize conflicts and how they arise.
- Understand the tools available in resolving conflict.
- Practice strategies that will help you resolve conflict successfully producing win-win outcomes.
- What conflict is, how it occurs, and how it escalates in the workplace
- Types of conflict and the stages of conflict
- The five most common conflict resolution styles, when to use them and how to “turn down the heat”
- How to increase positive information flow through non-verbal and verbal communication skills
- Effective intervention strategies for managers and supervisors
- The importance of building and maintaining trust
- Strategies to manage conflicts that enhance productivity and performance
- Individual Coaching: Supervising and managing the conflict resolution process
One or two day course